Monday, October 5, 2009

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!

Alyssa and I went shopping at the mall. We were both in a kind of bad mood. Apparently, this leads to the trying on of random accessories.A Tiara
Alyssa says she'll buy this one for me for my wedding day, if I ever get married.
Erica and I were driving to Wal-Mart and found this sign on a trash can. We're slightly confused, are they SELLING the dog or THROWING IT AWAY?
mmmmmmmmm. I still have a rash under my nose and I thought "oh, no! Maybe I'm not allergic to that medication I was taking" Then I saw this picture and remembered how bad that other rash on my face was. Thank goodness I got off of that stuff!
This semester I am doing "Student Research" which consists of helping my friend, Ally, find seeds in soil samples. Ally is holding up one soil sample, the boxes behind her are full of soil samples.
These boxes are also filled with soil samples.
This is what a soil sample looks like once I've sifted it. That little thing in the lower left corner is a seed.
Yeah, that tiny thing at the top of that picture.
Can you find the seed?
So far, I've found one. There are other people also looking for seeds. They've found NONE! That makes me the winner of the "find the first seed" contest.
Ahh. Nothing beats the Thai Village for Ricky's Birthday dinner! I think this year makes three years of going. We got to be seated upstairs this year b/c it was so busy and we had the dining room to ourselves . . . for about 3 minutes. Then an awkward couple on an early date (meaning they hadn't been out together much. We could tell because a) it was awkward and b) they were asking basic getting to know you questions) came in.
THE RICKY-TICKY!
Honestly? Did you really think you would get through one of my blog posts without a picture of the Hayden Monkey? I think he's adorable when he's sleeping, except for that snore of his . . .

I've been growing my hair out. I have a ridiculous amount of it!
My friend, Mike, likes to go hiking. Sometimes, he goes without a buddy. He also told me he doesn't take water or snacks with him OR a mirror in case he gets lost! Not safe, Mike! I put together a hiking safety kit for him.
Here he is, opening it. Included in the kit are the following items:
  • A sewing kit (losing a button can be embarrassing and awkward, even in the woods)
  • Nail Clippers
  • 2 packs of Jelly Belly energy beans
  • A travel pack of WetOnes
  • A pack of Tissues
  • A bag of trail mix
  • A mini mirror (with two mirrors inside. He says now he can attract two rescue teams at one time!)
  • Two extra-strength, Rapid Release Tylenol
  • A first aid kit with one band-aid and some triple antibiotic ointment
  • A bottle of water
Ah, the Gordon-Carroll Family (minus the tag-along Jennifer) Clint, Ambrie and Shaeffer. Shaeffer will be turning one on Thanksgiving day. He's a big guy, which is good b/c we have a lot of love to give him.





Look at this kid! He's adorable!

5 comments:

VermontMom said...

Great to see new pictures. That looks like gritty soil that you are sifting for the seeds.

Monica said...

What an impressive amount of pictures! You know, your blog would be less boring if you posted a few of them periodically instead of all at once :) Just a blogging tip from a fellow blogger. I have a hard time leaving a concise comment when there are so many pictures and subjects to comment on. I think Schaeffer is adorable (and no I did not check the spelling of his name so if that's wrong I apologize).

CommonMama said...

Awsome update...your hair looks gorgeous...looks like life is fun.


word id: bressymy

Erica said...

nice, nice! i am honored to be included in the post-what a fabulous birthdat tradition:)

Meredith said...

I love the way that you document everything with pictures- it makes me feel like I have been intimately involved in your life when unfortunately I haven't lately. Sorry that I missed you stopping by my office the other day! I am only in after 4 now. :)