Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekends are SO fun!!!!!

So, to start the weekend off, Erica and I went to Target (HO, HO, HO)! I hope I don't have to remind you all that I love a good deal!
Hayden has been having a hard time adjusting to the wood floors in the Great Room (Yeah, that's right. Capital G & R. It is not a great room. That looks so dull and boring.) and the laminate wood flooring in my apartment. The apartment is the hardest adjustment for him. Every time he tries to leave his back paws slip and he gets hurt. I've been thinking about buying him dog boots, but they are a little bit expensive. In the dollar section at target I found these sporting purple socks with pink gripper spots on the bottom. Hayden L-O-V-E-S them. I just have to add some elastic to the tops so that they don't fall off of him.
On Saturday, I promised Hayden we would go to the park and play, but I didn't have any easily portable treats to entice him to return the ball to me, so we went to PetsMart first. Even though I found those AMAZING socks at Target, I wanted to check out the dog booties. Right next to the booties were some . . . Doggles!!!! I kid you not, that is what they are called. For all of you out there thinking it is a crazy name, you don't have much of an imagination b/c it is just a combination of the words "dog" and "goggles" and it makes perfect sense. The pair that he is sporting in this picture are ALSO sunglasses! Amazing. My Dad asked why you would ever need them. I think they are for dogs that ride skateboards and surf . . . and maybe they like to stick their heads out of the car window. Maybe.

I have, on occasion, been accused of being slightly OCD. I don't know where people get these caaarazy (no Brienne, not Lrazy.) ideas from! I just like my Q-Tips (which, in case you were wondering, stands for Quality Tips.) to be orderly. I mean, sure, they are in a cupboard where no one else sees them, but I don't want to try and grab one and have a bunch fall on the floor! That would be very yucky! When they are stacked neatly, you grab one, you get one.
Just another shot of my Q-tip stacking skills.
This is Willard. He is my co-worker Ashleigh's, 3 month old beagle. Ashleigh and I took them on a longish walk and then let them play in a baseball field. Basically, playing consisted of both of them running around for a bit and then Hayden, aka fatty, would lay down and . . . They would doggie play and bite each other. When Hayden would get REALLY tired,
Willard would climb around on his back giving him a nice little massage. Or surfing. We're not sure what Willard intended to do, but it looked to the humans like one of those two things. For those of you who have not met Hayden, his skin is loose so as Willard would walk along Hayden's back the skin would slip and Willard would try to keep his balance.
When Hayden was rested and ready to play again he just let Willard know (sorry the picture is blurry, but Hayden is lifting his head to nip Willard's toes, or ears. Whichever was closest.
For those of you who don't know, I'm kind of on a magnet making binge right now. This is one of my magnets holding up 13 envelopes with two pieces of paper in each (a white paper with a canary carbon copy thingy-ma-bop). Pretty strong, eh?
So, that is what I did this weekend. It was a fun packed weekend, that's for sure!

3 comments:

Erica said...

It is ridiculous that one magnet can hold that many papers and envelopes up!

Meredith said...

Those dog pictures are funny. It totally looks like Willard has tackled him and is standing on top of him in all his glory.

VermontMom said...

I am glad that you like a dog that is wrinkled and saggy. It gives me hope for how you will feel about me in a few years!!