Saturday, September 29, 2012

Boston, Again

I was asked by another temp agency to come back to Boston to interview.  Prices and my budget being what they are, I couldn't afford the motel again.  Frankly, I couldn't really afford ANYTHING again.  Luckily, I have loving parents who agreed to put me up at the new Hostelling International - Chinatown, Boston Hostel.  
 My home away from home, room 417, Bunk 3. 
 This is my night time nook, which I used to store things so I wouldn't have to get into my locker during the night.  Luckily, I had a lock from my storage space last year.  I looked a little ridiculous to have a storage lock on this little pressed wood locker, but it worked!
 For my "Transfer Credit" friends, Suffolk University
 Parkman Plaza, in Boston Common, had these three statues that I felt really fit with my own personal life and goals.  Religion
 Industry
 and Learning. 
 Quite clearly, this is a sign announcing that I was at the Boston Common. 
 Ok, this placard was SO cool.  It was actually inverted into the stone base, and then some of the images were built up out of the inversion.  The most prominent was the man standing/falling near his already fallen comrade.  One hand is on his forehead, the other hand is outstretched out, see the picture below.
 For some reason, it just struck me so strongly, and reinforced my gratitude for all those who have served, and are serving, to obtain and preserve our rights and liberties.
 Another one for Transfer Credit; Emerson University
 This one is for my dad.  The pigeons were having their morning meeting before heading out to hit people up for handouts.  I took this picture for my dad because he LOVES pigeons . . . NOT.
 I woke up to a message from Alyssa asking how I found my way around Boston, with all the twisty streets and funny names for the streets.  One name she found particularly amusing, Boylston Street, so this one is for Alyssa!
 Ok, I may have gotten carried away with this next series, but bear with me.  Do you recognize this pond?  Have you ever read Make Way for Ducklings?  
 NOW do you recognize the pond?  It's the pond from the book.  The pond is located in the Boston Public Gardens.
 Meet some of the ducks
 The bridge with weeping willows behind it.
 A swan.  They are pretty, but I don't much care for them.  I don't know why.  Probably because I read The Ugly Duckling, and I feel like I'm still waiting to be a swan.  (jerks)
 
 I absolutely LOVE this statue.  Series of statues?  I love this thing.  It's a representation of the ducks from the book Make Way For Ducklings.
 Another view of the same statue
 I picked my two favorite ducklings and took close-ups.  Here is one,
 And here is the second one.
 All of the ducklings
 Ok, I seriously want to live behind this door.  The stairs go right down to the door.  As in, you open the door, and, in order to get out of the door, you have to step up.  So cute!
 I went to the North End for some authentic Italian cuisine.  I ate at Dolce Vita, which I guess is a relatively new restaurant.  I had Chicken Al Limmone with Penne pasta.  I had my very first cannoli for dessert.  The whole front of the restaurant was open to the street.  While sitting there, eating, this guy ran by.  I mean, he was BOOKING it.  I thought "I wonder why he's running so fast in street clothes".  Just as I finished that thought, a cop ran by, baton out, yelling for the guy to stop.  Boston is so cool!
 A picture of a Boston skyline from the North End Park.
 This tree isn't really my best photography, but it was raining pretty hard.  Give me a break.  This tree was in front of the apartment complex I might live in.  Still considering.
 My view at MIT as I sat studying for my interview.

And then I went to the bus station where I caught a bus home.  The end . . . for now.

4 comments:

Monica said...

That's awesome the guy was being chased by a cop haha

Friv3 said...

Keep on writing, great job! This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you.
Papa Louie
Narwhaleio
Moto X3M3 hacked

Drag Racer V3 said...

I like your post so much http://pianotiles2.com

Dorothy said...

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write.
scarymazegames.co
Mineblocks.net