Monday, September 24, 2012

VERMONT!!

I just want to catch everyone up really quickly.  I quit my job in Utah and headed home to Vermont at the beginning of September.  Here are some photos I've taken since my return to Vermont.
 
Home, or, as mom has affectionately named it, The Gathering House

 My mom's hydrangea bush, quite amazing
 A double rainbow in the valley after a thunderstorm
 The sun, breaking through the autumn mist in the morning
 The hydrangeas at the Church, in Burlington
 Matthew, Emma, Sophie, a departing Sierra, Dad (aka Papa Gramps) and Noah.
 Grammy and Grampy.  These two are larger than life!
 The sun kissing the hilltop
 Matthew, April, and a VERY grown up Mary Lou.  I hardly recognized her!
 Emma and Sierra.  Sierra has developed a phobia of cameras.  She'll learn to get over it.
 Emma and Sophie, husking corn
 Queen Anne's Lance
 First fire I built in the woodstove
 My dad's mom, Mary Lou, back in her band days.
 More of my mother's flowers
 sigh.  Camels Hump.  I love this picture
 A few of the leaves are starting to change!
 Our family headstone in the family plot up on the hill.  Don't know why some people think it's creepy . . .
 Natural casing franks in the chiminea
 We used to play with these seed pods a lot when I was a kid.  apparently called jewel weed.  You pinch the pods and they pop open
 One of my assignments was to take all the tops and roots off the garlic that Mom and Dad grew in their gardens.
 A fresh haircut, with NO PINK!
 A collage of one of my days with Hayden
 Hayden LOVES going down to the river to swim.  He now thinks he is part fish.
 I love his smooshed up face!
 Blue sky while it's raining
 More blue sky while it's raining
Burning a GIANT pile of dead brush with Dad on a rainy Saturday.
 More leaves changing colors
 The woodshed with the sun peeking out from behind some clouds
 Another misty morning.  Real mist, NOT inversion!

 A collage of flowers from my mother's garden
 I taught myself to split kindling.  There isn't anymore to split, at the moment.
 Another picture of the yard with sun-kissed hills as the backdrop
 Windows at the Huntington Public Library
The Ceiling at the library.  I'll have another post with more pictures up soon!

3 comments:

Monica said...

I like learning names and reading the descriptions :) Vermont is beautiful. I hope you're loving it.

Unknown said...

Thank for sharing!Great! please keep!
Feel free to visit my website! the best free online games for you! funny game wormax.io, game wheely 8 | Games for kids at zoxy games | kizi games Much fun! I hope you guys have enjoyed it! Much fun

Unknown said...

I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.
friv 3
friv 4
kizi 2 games
zoxy games
friv .org