Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A sensitivity to WHAT???

Most of you know that I have had issues with chronic pain for the past 6 1/2 years. Well, I went to the doctor today because a recent medication change has had me in more pain than usual. His conclusion, I'm sensitive to estrogen. Weird, I know. The reason he came to this conclusion is that, when I was getting shots that shut down my ovaries, I had very little pain. Almost as soon as he switched me back to a regular birth control (containing 70X the normal estrogen that I make) the pain flared up again. I have to ship off my new prescription, and then we'll see where it goes from there. Who knew that there was a problem with being sensitive to estrogen?


On a happier and less weird note, Clint and Ambrie have been preparing the house for their new arrival. This weekend that preparation consisted of tearing up all of the carpeting and baseboards in the house, and putting up new baseboards. The carpet was supposed to be laid yesterday but . . . I digress. Clint's sister, Stacy, and his brother-in-law, Kevin, come to help out with these projects. On Saturday I stole their daughter, Hayle and we took the "boys" for a walk to the Junior High near my house.


When we got to the athletic fields, football was just finishing up for the day. We were walking along and Hayle and I noticed that someone got a little bored during practice/the game. They made this smiley face out of torn up grass, and we found it entertaining.



Hayle impressed me, not only with her gymnastic skills, but also her maturity. It was a lot of fun getting to know her better, but makes me miss my nieces and nephews that much more :)

As we were walking to the school (sorry this is a bit out of order) I noticed that the curb had been freshly painted, but there was something odd about it. Upon closer inspection, I found that the city had first painted the curb, then killed the weeds growing along it. I don't know who's idea it was, but it made for beautiful "natural art" as Hayle said. I think it is pretty cool!







Erica and I decided that this is the best picture, in the compositional sense. Ok, it is just the best picture ever!!




On Sunday I was laid up in bed b/c of my pain, so I stole their other daughter, Ainsley (not sure on the spelling) and took her out to my room to play with me. I was bouncing her up and down and singing "Little baby Ainsley" over and over. Every time I said her name she would shriek and smile in delight. In case any of you are wondering, I still think babies are yucky.
Little baby . . .
AINSLEY!!

Fun stuff! Don't worry, I'll have more fun stuff soon!

2 comments:

CommonMama said...

Wow, those curb paintings are so cool. It gives me an idea for crafting or card making.

Meredith said...

that sensitivity thing is seriously weird!